Note: This Fee Schedule is effective Fall 2017
- Photography: free, but ONLY permitted with the signing of a reproductions permissions form, indicating that the patron has read the Reproductions and Copyright Policy
- Photocopies, 8.5x11 inch page: $0.25 per photocopy
- Photocopies, 11x17 inch page: $0.40 per photocopy
- Photocopies of rare, unique, or fragile materials (if deemed suitable for reproduction): $1.00 per copy
- Digital Scanning/Imaging: $5.00 per image
- Digital Scanning/Imaging of rare, unique, or fragile materials (if deemed suitable for reproduction): $10.00 per image
- CD or DVD: $1.00 per disc
- Photographic printout: $2.00 per sheet
- Research fee*: $20.00 per hour
- Mailing fee, standard: $2.50 (up to 10 sheets or 1 disc)
- Mailing fee, special: Actual cost for express mailing or large packages
- Rush Order: $20.00
- Research fee does not apply to requests, however long or involved, from current UNI students. Patrons must produce a valid UNI ID at the time of the research request in order to avoid charges. For clarification, please note the definition of "Research Fee" below.
- Research fee does not apply to the first hour only of requests from current UNI faculty or staff. Patrons must produce a valid UNI ID at the time of the research request in order to avoid charges. For clarification, please note the definition of "Research Fee" below.
- Current UNI students, faculty, or staff may photocopy or scan up to eight (8) pages or images for free before regular fees schedule kicks in. Patrons must produce a valid UNI ID at the time of reproduction in order to avoid charges.
- UNI faculty may request a 50% discount on all applicable fees if they plan to use reproduced materials as part of a lecture or demonstration within a UNI class they are currently teaching.
- Community members may request a 50% discount on fees if any of the following apply:
- The community member in question is a teacher (public, private, or homeschool), and the material being reproduced is relevant to a class he or she is currently teaching.
- The community member in question is a student under age 18, and the material being reproduced is relevant to a school project.
Definitions of terms
*Research Fee: This pertains to involved and time-consuming research requests, usually posed long-distance via email or phone which require a staff member or librarian to perform the archival research necessary to provide patrons with answers, information, or resources. It does NOT pertain to instances in which a patron wishes to examine Special Collections materials themselves, even if this is part of a long or on-going research project. Patrons who examine materials in person (i.e. conduct archival research themselves) or who merely consult with Special Collections staff on where to locate materials best suited to their research needs (provided that this does not consume an undo amount of time over many sessions), will not be charged a research fee. Current UNI students will never be charged a research fee for any type of request.
Both this Fees Schedule (effective Fall 2017) and the associated Reproductions and Copyright Policy (effective Spring 2017) have been approved by the Rod Library Dean's Advisory Group. Please direct all questions or concerns to SC&UA staff at email@example.com.
Note on Fee Use
Any and all fees collected in relation to reproduction of Special Collections and University Archives materials will apply directly towards materials preservation and collection development initiatives within the Rod Library Special Collections and University Archives unit. They will not be used for any other purpose.