- The National Library of Canada has prepared a Bibliography of Standards and Selected References Related to Preservation in Libraries to serve as a guide to resources in the field of preservation.
- The Northeast Document Conservation Center offers a full array of information on the preservation and conservation of documents.
- Conservation On-Line (CoOL), maintained by the Preservation Department of Stanford University Library, is an excellent site that includes directories of organizations, commercial enterprises, and individual professionals in the area of conservation and preservation of cultural artifacts. It features an especially good collection of material relating to disaster planning and mitigation.
- The Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium was formed several years ago in an attempt to chart the future for collections documenting Iowa's cultural heritage. This group, which includes representatives from government, museums, historical societies, and many types of libraries, sponsors teleconferences, offers flood recovery advice, and publishes preservation tip sheets. The group has incorporated and is now a membership organization.
- The Preservation and Conservation Department of the Library at the University of Illinois Library at Urbana has put together a nice FAQ page on the preservation and conservation of books, paper documents, photographs, and artwork.
- The Disaster Center offers a wide variety of resources that can be useful in the event of a disaster of almost any sort.
- "How to Protect Photos, Documents, and Other Papers from Destruction Over Time" is an article from Scrapbook.com that compiles detailed information on paper types and degradation. The site itself is primarily a store for hobbyists and does not currently sell archival quality preservation materials. The blog, however, includes an "archiving" tag with links to articles on introductory preservation matters.
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Work provides a number of resources and services. Among these are short pdf guides on "Caring for Your Treasures". Each guide covers a different material format (books, textiles, paper documents, works of art, and so forth).
- The resources page from Preservation Week: An Initiative of ALTCS, A Division of the American Library Association links out to numerous resources both on practical matters of preservation and on public education and awareness about preservation, adapted for various audiences.
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has numerous resources and programs for preservation of a wide variety of materials, including a compiled a list of resources on audio visual preservation matters.
- The Library of Congress Preservation Unit provides basic information about the care, handling, and storage of audio visual materials.
- The International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives released updated guidelines on ethics, principles and preservation strategy for AV materials.
Preservation Resources in Other Languages
- "El Rescate de Obras de Arte Creadas Sobre Papel [Salvaging Art on Paper]" (Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts)
- "El Rescate de Colecciones Fotograficas [Salvaging Photographs]" (Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts)
- "Rescate de Libros [Salvaging Books]" (Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts)
- "Papeles de Familia Conservacion y Organizacion [Family Papers: Preservation and Organization]" (Society of California Archivists)
- "Preservado las Fotografias de Familia [Preserving Family Photographs]" (Society of California Archivists)
- "Normas Básicas para la Preparación, Gestión y Respuesta Ante Desastres: Materiales con Soporte de Papel [A Primer on Disaster Preparedness, Management, and Response: Paper-based Materials]" (National Archives and Records Administration)
- "El cuidado de sus pinturas [Caring for Your Paintings]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "El cuidado de las pinturas acrílicas [Caring for Your Acrylic Paintings]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "¿ A qué se deben los cambios en la imagen de una pintura? [What Makes the Painting Image Change?]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "¿ Necesito limpiar mi pintura? [Does My Painting Need to be Cleaned?]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "Documentos de Papel [Caring for Paper Documents]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "Los textiles de lana y los insects [Insects and Wool Textiles]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "Moho: Causas, Tratamiento, Prevención [Mold and Mildew]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "Manipulación correcta de textiles antiguo [Tips on How to Handle Antique Textiles and Costumes]" (Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute)
- "Llevando la Teoría a la Práctica: Tutorial de Digitalización de Imágenes [Moving Theory into Practice: Digital Imaging Tutorial]" (Cornell University Libraries)
- "El cuidado, manipulación y almacenamiento de fotografías" (Library of Congress)
- Asociación para la Conservación del Patrimonio Cultural de las Américas (Apoyo)
- Preservación Desastres: Hojas en Español (LYRASIS)
- Recursos latinoamericanos de restauración y conservación para bibliotecas y archivos (Conservation Online)
- "Como Rescatar Registros - Como Reconocer los Problemas de la Conservación de Documentos en las colecciones de Investigación [Rescuing Records: Topics in Document Preservation in Research Collections]" (Smithsonian Institution)
- "Conservation Préventive du Patrimoine Documentaire [Safeguarding our Documentary Heritage]" (International Federation of Library Associations - IFLA)
- "Gestion de la conservation de collection numériques: Stratégies à court terme pour contrer des problemes à long terme [Digital Preservation Management: Implementing Short-term Strategies for Long-term Problems]" (Cornell University Library and ICPSR)
- "De la Théorie à la Pratique: Didacticiel d'Imagerie Numérique [Moving Theory into Practice: Digital Imaging Tutorial]" (Cornell University Libraries)
- Institut canadien de conservation (ICC)
- Chinese version of "Family Papers: Preservation and Organization" (Society of California Archivists)
- Chinese version of "Preserving Family Photographs" (Society of California Archivists)
- " Politiche di gestione dela conservazione dela collezioni digitali: Strategie a breve termine per contrastare problemi a lungo termine [Digital Preservation Management: Implementing Short-term Strategies for Long-term Problems]" (Cornell University Library and ICPSR)
- Arabic version of "Library Preservation and Conservation Tutorial: Iraq and the Middle East" (Cornell University Library, Dept. of Preservation and Collections Maintenance)