Central Association for Physical Education in Higher Education Records, 1971-1990
Title: Central Association for Physical Education in Higher Education Records, 1971-1990
Record Series: MsC-76
Creator: Central Association for Physical Education in Higher Education
Extent: 1 box (1.25 linear feet)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: Materials entirely in English.
Information for Users
Accessing the Collection:
No restrictions. Materials are open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Sensitive Materials Statement: Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy or similar laws, and the Iowa Open Records Law (see Iowa Code § 22.7). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Northern Iowa assumes no responsibility.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item] in the Central Association for Physical Education in Higher Education collection, 1971-1990, Manuscript Record Series MsC-76, [folder number], University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access.
Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Scope and Content
This collection consists of correspondence and conference proceedings of the association, which was originally known as the Central Association for the Physical Education of College Women. The association disbanded in 1990. Reports from the 1980s and the good run of conference proceedings give a good picture of the intentions and work of the association.
- Folder 1: History of the Central Association for Physical Education of College Women, 1937-1966. By Mary Remley and Patricia Wiesner
- Folder 2: History of the Central Association for Physical Education of College Women, 1967-1977. By Edlo Solum and Jeannette Scahill
- Folder 3: History of the Central Association for Physical Education of College Women, 1977-1979. By Edlo Solum and Jeannette Scahill
- Folder 4: History of the Central Association for Physical Education in Higher Education, 1980-1990. By Viola Bahls. Volume outlined but not written due to the health of Viola Bahls
- Folder 5: Public relations
- Folder 6: Handbook, 1989
- Folder 7: Bylaws and operating code
- Folder 8: Membership lists, 1971-1990
- Folder 9: Board member notebook, 1988-1990
- Folder 10: Finance
- Folder 11: CAPEHE songbook
- Folder 12: CAPEHE/AAPEHE reports
- Folder 13: Miscellaneous reports, 1985-1990
- Folder 14: Newsletters
- Folder 15: Conference proceedings, 1972-1979, 1981-1990
Collection processed by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, October 2011. Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, October 2017. Linear feet count updated on August 7, 2017.