Athletics Conference Constitutions, 1912-1934
Title: Athletics Conference Constitutions, 1912-1934
Record Series: 18/01/01 [Box 14]
Extent: 1 box (0.21 linear feet)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: Materials entirely in English.
Information for Users
Accessing the Collection:
No restrictions. Materials are open for research.
Sensitive Materials Statement: Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy or similar laws, and the Iowa Open Records Law (see Iowa Code § 22.7). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Northern Iowa assumes no responsibility.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], in the [Series Title] #[series number], [folder number or title when applicable], [Collection Name], Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Scope and Content
This small collection has accumulated in the University of Northern Iowa Archives over many years.
Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Rules as Proposed by the Hawkeye Conference of Iowa Colleges; December 21, 1912
- President, R. F. Seymour, Iowa State Teachers College
- Secretary, Gareld Leming, Ellsworth College
Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Rules as Revised by the Hawkeye Conference of Iowa Colleges; December 21, 1920
- President, Ivan Doseff, Iowa State Teachers College
- Secretary, G. C. Smith, Ellsworth College
- C. H. Bailey, Iowa State Teachers College
- Rev. R. T. Collins, Columbia College
- O. E. Lowman, Upper Iowa
- Attorney A. G. Reid
Iowa Inter-Collegiate Athletic Association Constitution and Rules; January 15, 1923
- President, C. W. Emmons, Simpson College
- Vice-President, Charles Carter, Parsons College
- Secretary-Treasurer, Grover C. Hawk, Penn College
Constitution and Eligibility Rules Adopted by the Mid-West Conference; 1925-1926
- President, P. W. Boutwell, Beloit College
- Vice President, H. O. Ryder, Hamline University
- Secretary-Treasurer, George W. Bryant, Coe College
Rules, Regulations, and Opinions of the Intercollegiate Conference; March 11, 1925
- Faculty Representatives
- Professor F. F. A. Pyre, University of Wisconsin
- Professor O. F. Long, Northwestern University
- Dean Henry G. Gale, University of Chicago
- Professor G. A. Goodenough, University of Illinois
- Professor W. J. Moenkhaus, Indiana University
- Professor Louis Pelzer, University of Iowa
- Professor R. W. Aigler, University of Michigan
- Professor James Paige, University of Minnesoty
- Professor Thomas E. French, Ohio State Univesrity
- Professor T. F. Moran, Purdue University
Constitution and Rules of the North Central Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; December 1934
Gateway Collegiate Athletic Conference Constitution and Bylaws
Collection processed by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, March 2016; inventory developed by Research Assistant Nick Jordan, March 11, 2016. Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, January 2018 and April 2018. Linear Feet updated September 20, 2017.