Graduate Study and Safety Education Files, 1959-1987
Title: Graduate Study and Safety Education Files, 1959-1987
Record Series: 13/03/01 [Box 6]
Extent: 2 boxes (0.63 linear feet)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: Materials entirely in English.
Information for Users
Accessing the Collection:
No restrictions. Materials are open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Sensitive Materials Statement: Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy or similar laws, and the Iowa Open Records Law (see Iowa Code § 22.7). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Northern Iowa assumes no responsibility.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], in the [Series Title] #[series number], [folder number or title when applicable], [Collection Name], Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Scope and Content
The papers were likely originally assembled by Professor Gordon J. Rhum, former Dean of the Graduate College and long-time member of the faculty of the Department of Educational Psychology and Foundations.
The collection offers a look at early results of the graduate program of the University of Northern Iowa. It offers an especially good look at the school's driver education program and its use of the Aetna Drivotrainer driving simulator.
- Thesis Manual -The Graduate College, UNI: April 9, 1981 Second revised edition
- The First Seven Years: the graduate student in professional education, 1952-1958. Prepared by Board of Review, Department of Education and Psychology, Howard T. Knutson, Chairman; Ernest J. Fuhs, Graduate Assistant, Iowa State Teachers College
- Self study report for SELF STUDY REPORT the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools by the University of Northern Iowa, April 1981. Volumes 1 (narrative) and 2 (data forms)
- Instruction and professional development. 1974-75 Report of ISEA/UNI Monitoring Committee
- Instruction and professional development. ISEA/UNI Monitoring Committee II Report, November 1976
- Common professional sequence student survey results
- A study of four measures used by the Board of Review, Department of Education and Psychology, State College of Iowa, and A comparison of the Master of Arts degree graduates in professional education who chose the thesis plan with those who chose the non-thesis plan, by Leo J. Munday, September 1962
- Report of a visit to the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, April 25-28, 1971, for the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- University of Northern Iowa evaluation report, Department of Public Instruction, April 14-16, 1970
- Letter from Len Froyen and a Professional Sequence Evaluation: 26:020 Educational Purposes and Practices: 26:030 The Community and the Curriculum
- Report to the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education from the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, Spring 1974. Report and appendix
- Letter to graduate faculty from Elaine McDavitt and Changes in Common regulations and requirements, master's degree programs, November 7, 1969
- Summary of Hour Requirements, June 11, 1969
- National Safety Congress Transactions, volume 24, School and College Safety, 1959
- The effectiveness of the Aetna Drivotrainer in driver education, Iowa State Teachers College, Cedar Falls, Iowa, July 1956
- The automobile driving records of former Des Moines high school students, some of whom completed a driver education course, by Gordon J. Rhum and Bert L. Woodcock, ISTC, April 1959
- Aetna Drivotrainer research project, by Gordon J. Rhum and Bertram L. Woodcock, ISTC, September 15, 1955
- A study of driving records of former Des Moines high school students, by Gordon J. Rhum and Bert L. Woodcock, ISTC. Paper presented at the National Safety Congress Exposition, Chicago, Illinois, October 22, 1959.
- The 101 graduates who earned specialist's degrees at the University of Northern Iowa, 1960-1976, by Gordon J. Rhum, June 1979
- Study of ability and achievement of students at State College of Iowa, who received the master's degree, 1953-1963, by Blanche Harland, in cooperation with Gordon J. Rhum, December 1963
- The graduate student in professional education at the State College of Iowa, 1956-1961, by Gordon J. Rhum, Jagdish C. Goyal, and Naim C. Gupta, June 1962
- A study of State of Iowa appropriations with an emphasis upon expenditures for education, by George A. Changers, Leo A. Gerst, and Marvin E. Jackson, University of Iowa, September 5, 1986
- 1986-1987 Illinois public school districts and schools, Illinois State Board of Education, Research and Statistics, May 1987
Papers processed and inventory developed by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, September 4, 2012. Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, December 2017 and April 2018. Linear feet updated September 10, 2017.