Graduate Curriculum and Student Outcomes Assessment Files, 1995-2004 / Vivian R. Jackson Papers
Title: Graduate Curriculum and Student Outcomes Assessment Files, 1995-2004 / Vivian R. Jackson Papers
Record Series: 11/01/02/01
Creator: Graduate College, UNI
Extent: 5 boxes (2.09 linear feet)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: Materials entirely in English.
Information for Users
Accessing the Collection:
No restrictions. Materials are open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Sensitive Materials Statement: Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy or similar laws, and the Iowa Open Records Law (see Iowa Code § 22.7). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Northern Iowa assumes no responsibility.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], in the [Series Title] #[series number], [folder number or title when applicable], [Collection Name], Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Scope and Content
These files were created and maintained by Professor Vivian R. Jackson, Associate Dean of the Graduate College. The files reflect her areas of particular responsibility within the Graduate College, notably graduate student outcomes assessment and graduate curriculum. But the files also include information about the McElroy Fellowship as well as policies affecting graduate students.
- These files include meeting minutes, guidelines, memos, reports, and other documents relating to outcomes assessment and curriculum revision of graduate programs. The files are divided between assessment and curricular matters. Within each of those divisions, the files are arranged in general chronological order. The level of specificity for the files of each year varies considerably.
- Box 4 also includes files relating to the McElroy Fellowship, 1989-2003. Access to portions of the McElroy Fellowship files that contain student records is restricted.
- Brief files relating to policy affecting graduate students
- Conflict of interest policy, 1995
- Graduate credit earned as a senior, 1986
- Graduate advising review--Ira Tolbert, 1984
- Graduate College space allocations, 1997
- Graduate scholarships, 1998-1999]
- Graduate student handbooks
- Marketing graduate education
- Minority faculty
- Minority graduate student association
- Non-academic probation and dismissal policy, 2001
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Patricia Roberts Harris Fellowship
- Scientific misconduct policy, 1999
Collection processed and finding aid prepared by Gerald L. Peterson, University Archivist, November 2005. Updated by Gerald Peterson, November 17, 2005 and Library Associate Dave Hoing, December 2017 and April 2018. Linear feet updated August 28, 2017.