Individual Studies Program, Undergraduate Theses, 1972-1997
Title: Individual Studies Program, Undergraduate Theses, 1972-1997
Record Series: 03/03/01 [Box 13-16] RESTRICTED
Extent: 4 boxes (1.67 linear feet)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
Language: Materials entirely in English.
Information for Users
Accessing the Collection:
Materials related to the confidentiality of personnel, student, medical, and other legally protected records are CLOSED to researchers for 70 years from the date of creation. Consult the archivist with any questions or concerns.
Sensitive Materials Statement: Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy or similar laws, and the Iowa Open Records Law (see Iowa Code § 22.7). Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Northern Iowa assumes no responsibility.
Preferred Citation: [Identification of item], in the [Series Title] #[series number], [folder number or title when applicable], [Collection Name], Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa.
General Use, Reproduction, and Copyright Policies
Many items housed in the Rod Library Special Collections & University Archives, including unpublished images and manuscripts, may be protected by copyright, publication rights, trademarks, or model release rights which the library does not own and for which the library cannot grant permission or licensing. Materials currently under copyright are usually still available for research and limited reproduction under Fair Use laws. However, it is the sole responsibility of the patron to determine whether or not their use of a given material falls within Fair Use guidelines and to obtain permission for said use from the rightful copyright owner. If you are unsure where to begin, please consult the Copyright LibGuide. Please note that it is not the library's responsibility to locate or contact copyright holders for a patron, and neither the library nor library employees are responsible for copyright violations of the materials to which they facilitate research access. Please see our full General Use and Service Policies for more information.
Scope and Content
This collection consists of thesis papers written by undergraduate students in the Individual Studies Program between 1972-1997. Within each box, papers are filed alphabetically by the student's last name.
- Folder 1: Burns, Kathy. “Profile of Iowa Schools: A Reference Manual for Prospective Student Teachers of Language Arts,” Spring 1973
- Folder 2: Dunakey, David D. “The American Black Walnut,” Spring 1973
- Folder 3: Gold, Alan. “Dinner at Tao Jones,” no date
- Folder 4: Good, Robert G. “Vitamen E Induced Changes on the Erythrocyte Count and Serum Cholesterol,” Spring 1972
- Folder 5: Heims, Al. “The Dilemma of Small Business,” Spring 1974
- Folder 6: Heims, Al. “Three Patio Place,” Fall 1973
- Folder 7: Helt, Bernadette Marie. “Abnormal Language Behavior: A Study in Abnormal Psychology,” Fall 1971
- Folder 8: Horak, H. Lynn. “An Examination of Rational Structure and Individual Assuagement in Modern Organizations,” Spring 1972.
- Folder 9: LaRue, Richard J. “A Personal Evaluation of the Guidebooks of the Appalachian Trail,” 1972
- Folder 10: Shenton, Craig. “The Mantis Project: The Modern Adaptation of the 1910 Automobile,” Fall 1972
- Folder 1: Colonesse, Tom. “A Historiography of the Military Nature of the American Revolution,” Spring 1973
- Folder 2: Lorber, Joe. Edith and Baby (poems), Fall 1972
- Folder 3: Lorber, Joe. Untitled undergraduate thesis, Spring 1973
- Folder 4: Porter, William F. “A Manual for Field Guiding,” Spring 1973
- Folder 5: Witt, William G. “Some Notes on the Translation of Russian Poetry,” Spring 1972
- Folder 1: Apple, Mary O’Brien. “Sarah Orne Jewett – Beyond Local Color,” Fall 1975
- Folder 2: Lembke, Janet. Untitled undergraduate thesis, Fall 1978
- Folder 3: Meier, Thomas A. Mid-project thesis progress report, Fall, 1978
- Folder 4: Meier, Thomas A. “White Rock and the Case for Salt Diapers on Mars,” Spring 1979
- Folder 5: Moran, John. “Craftsmanship Yesterday and Today,” Spring 1978
- Folder 6: Moravec, Jeff. “Four Genres of Contemporary Criticism,” Summer 1977
- Folder 7: Pritchard, Alex L. “Survey of the Iowa Legislature: A Comparative Analysis,” Spring 1976
- Folder 8: Richards, Constance L. “Report of Field Experience in a Psychiatric Unit,” August 1979
- Folder 9: Volk, Stephen. “Harken Unto a Verser,” Spring 1979
- Folder 10: Wilson, Brad. “Power in Interpersonal Relationships: A Look at Popular Ideas,” Spring 1978
- Folder 1: Alexander, Mark Arthur. “The Design and Development of the Iowa Educational Technology Institute Website,” May 1997
- Folder 2: Jiminez, Jim. “A Study of Advertising Determining Corporate Success,” December 1996
- Folder 3: Kuehl, Beth Voss. “Developing a Power Point Training Workshop,” May 1996
- Fp;der 4: Reiners, Carol Ann. “Develop an Audio Tape to Enhance Self-Esteem,” December 1994
Finding aid created by Archivist Gerald Peterson. Updated by Library Associate Dave Hoing, November 2017 and February 2018. Linear feet updated August 15, 2017.